Talent acquisition teams can’t rely on traditional recruiting methods when talent is in short supply. It’s time to get creative! Recruiting strategies must evolve as technology becomes more prevalent in all aspects of our lives.
Here are a few tactics you can integrate into your hiring process that can help broaden your talent pool:
Competition for talent is stiff. Talent acquisition teams are scrambling to attract and hire top-tier candidates as quickly as possible. A SHRM Survey indicated that the average time it takes to fill a position is 36 days, though it varies across industries. The Health Service industry has an average time to hire of 49 days! Having a speedy hiring process gives you an advantage over your competitors. Since 47% of declined offers are due to candidates accepting other jobs, you can’t afford to be slow. So, what are the most common reasons for a slow recruiting process?
According to Indeed, there are over 3 million job openings in America and there are probably hundreds of job postings similar to yours. You need to ensure that your post gets seen by job seekers and is not buried under similar listings.
So how do you make sure your job posting gets the most traction?
Waiting around for applicants on job boards won’t guarantee you a perfect candidate. Did you know that only 32% of hired candidates are sourced from job boards? That would suggest only a small percentage of the workforce sees your company’s job board. Only ‘active’ candidates (those looking to leave their current positions) are typically surfing through job boards.
According to LinkedIn’s 2016 Global Talent Trends, 90% of professionals are open to speaking to a recruiter but only 36% of the working force are active candidates. So, who are the remaining 64%? They are your passive candidates.
Most companies spend a large amount of time, energy, and resources looking for the perfect candidate. After all of this effort, you want to ensure that your newly hired employees are going to stick around. If you don’t want to increase your company’s turnover rate, avoid these hiring mistakes.
Nowadays, to create a job, post all you need to do is to fill out the required fields on a site like Indeed.com. However, if you want to attract the best candidates, it’s best to have a very thorough job description on hand.
Think of your job description as sales pitch. You want to be able to sell your company and the job position to as many candidates as possible. How? Just keep these tips in mind.